Te Puni Kōkiri (Ministry of Māori Development) is a government agency who works within government and communities to achieve our vision of Thriving Whānau.
The wellbeing of whānau, hapū and iwi is central to the future wellbeing of Aotearoa (New Zealand). The very broad role of Te Puni Kōkiri, our access to information and ability to make connections, make us ideally placed to spark innovation.
We work to bring innovation in carrying out our key roles of leading work towards policy and legislative changes as well as innovative approaches that will deliver improved outcomes for Māori.
We influence the work of others by working in partnership, and bring Māori voices to decision makers and we invest with Māori to pursue opportunities, including through funding and partnerships. To achieve this we engage with whānau, hapū and iwi, and partner with other public sector agencies.
Investing in Whānau Futures, Whānau Ora is an innovative, world-leading whanau-centred approach to empowering whānau into the future.
We now have a vacancy for a Senior Analyst within the team, who will provide the technical expertise to our contracting for outcomes and investment work streams including data analysis and interpretation, Ministerial Servicing and contribution to large and complex project work.
We anticipate candidates applying from a wide variety of backgrounds including finance, contract management and areas with a strong focus on measurement and reporting. You’ll be known to have an eye for detail and a methodical approach to your work, as well as well-honed communication skills and proven stakeholder management experience. You’d be the type of person who enjoys end to end projects, is innovative in their thinking and likes to work in a high-performing team to achieve results.
The successful candidate could bring either public or private sector experience, and will ideally possess:
- A degree in a related field or experience in public or private sector organisations.
- Understanding of the government and the public service and public sector processes
- Ability to identify, build and actively manage significant relationships, valuing diverse perspectives and experiences
- Comfort in working in a tikanga/kaupapa Māori environment, a degree of fluency in Te reo Māori is of benefit
- Strong process administration and monitoring skills
- Commercial and financial expertise or operational and strategic policy experience
- Conceptual and analytical skills and experience in developing and implementing workable solutions to ambiguous and complex problems.
- Capable at identifying risks
- Highly developed communication skills both oral and written which enable the person involved to deal effectively with key stakeholder relationships and explain complex issues clearly to a range of audiences, including non-technical experts.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- An understanding of social outcomes measurement and evaluation
- Strong attention to detail
In return we offer a diverse and rewarding working environment we a strong focus on solutions that will assist in serving our communities.
See below to download a copy of the job description and application form for the role.
To apply please email your CV, covering letter and a completed application form to email@example.com.
Applications close Monday 20 May 2019.