National Office, Wellington
Vacancy OS 028
Te Puni Kōkiri (Ministry of Māori Development) is a government agency who works within government and communities to achieve our vision of Thriving Whānau.
The wellbeing of whānau, hapū and iwi is central to the future wellbeing of Aotearoa (New Zealand). The very broad role of Te Puni Kōkiri, our access to information and ability to make connections, make us ideally placed to spark innovation. We work to bring innovation in carrying out our key roles of leading work towards policy and legislative changes as well as innovative approaches that will deliver improved outcomes for Māori.
We influence the work of others by working in partnership, and bring Māori voices to decision makers and we invest with Māori to pursue opportunities, including through funding and partnerships. To achieve this we engage with whānau, hapū and iwi, and partner with other public sector agencies.
The Property Administrator role within Te Puni Kōkiri, is responsible for providing administrative services to support the effective day to day operation within Te Puni Kōkiri property, procurement and finance services. The Administrator will have the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships to achieve property, procurement and finance deliverables, and ensure they are incorporated into the Te Puni Kōkiri management system complying with Te Puni Kōkiri policies and requirements.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Demonstrated administrative support experience.
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft packages especially outlook, word, excel, power point.
- Demonstrated self-motivation, the ability to set objectives and establish priorities, organise work and resources to ensure priorities and objectives are met on time.
- Experience in working with financial systems with strong attention to detail.
- Understanding the machinery of government.
- Honesty, integrity and an understanding of the significance of confidentiality.
- Skills desired for this role are:
- A tertiary qualification in business administration.
- Comfort in working in a tikanga /kaupapa Māori environment
- A degree of fluency in Te Reo Māori (orally, written or both) would be of benefit.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
We are guided by our values of excellence, valuing people and relationships, working collectively and being creative and innovative. We invest in our people – you’ll be encouraged to develop and contribute to your fullest potential. We believe strongly in work/life balance and understand that your whānau is just as important as you. And we’re committed to your wellbeing and learning and development. We even provide in-house Te Reo Māori Training and have our own Kapa Haka group.
To apply, please email your cv, covering letter and a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.