The wellbeing of whānau, hapū and iwi is central to the future wellbeing of Aotearoa (New Zealand). The very broad role of Te Puni Kōkiri, our access to information and ability to make connections, make us ideally placed to spark innovation.
We work to bring innovation in carrying out our key roles of leading work towards policy and legislative changes as well as innovative approaches that will deliver improved outcomes for Maori.
We influence the work of others by working in partnership, and bring Maori voices to decision makers and we invest with Maori to pursue opportunities, including through funding and partnerships. To achieve this we engage with whānau, hapū and iwi, and partner with other public sector agencies.
Reporting to the Business Manager you will be responsible for providing administrative services across a number of teams in the Investment Te Puni. Your ability to work collaboratively and flexibly to deliver these services to the teams plays an essential part in enabling them to deliver investment planning, investment decision-making support, negotiation for major contracts, performance framework design, performance management and impact analysis.
To be successful in the role you will:
- Demonstrate administrative support experience
- Be adept at prioritizing the competing needs of managers
- Have a high level of proficiency with Microsoft packages especially Outlook, Word, Excel and Power point
- Have sound keyboard skills
- Have well developed communication skills, both oral and written
- Be self-motivated and be able to work as part of a team
- Have a sound understanding of the accounting cycle and the role that accurate and timely financial processing plays on this
- Have an understanding of the machinery of government
- Have an understanding and appreciation of tikanga; Te Reo Māori and Māori development kaupapa
To apply. please email your CV, Covering letter and a completed application form to email@example.com.
Applications close Monday 20 May 2019.