The Te Puni Kōkiri Investment Strategy for 2018-21 sets out the approach of the Network and its medium term priorities. Download the Investment Strategy here [PDF, 973KB].
This report presents the findings of an independent evaluation of the Te Puni Kōkiri Housing support, undertaken by Litmus Limited in 2017.
It outlines the investment made by Te Puni Kōkiri in 2015-2017 and discusses the early impacts of that investment.
Key findings include (as at June 2017):
- Investment of $40.7 million in 158 Māori housing projects
- 63 affordable housing units funded, with 11 housing units complete
- Infrastructure support for 182 whānau homes
- 42 papakāinga development and infrastructure support projects funded
- Support for 15 emergency housing projects
- 387 urgent and essential whānau home repairs complete
- 108 building condition assessments complete
- 43 capability building projects funded, including 24 project capability initiatives, 86 workshops to increase whānau knowledge about housing issues, including papakāinga development, and 14 papakāinga feasibility studies.
Māori Housing Supply and Demand in Te Tai Tokerau
Te Puni Kōkiri, the Ministry of Social Development and Housing New Zealand commissioned research to look at the Māori housing supply and demand in Te Tai Tokerau. A set of four reports provides comprehensive baseline data and a fifth report summarises the key findings.