The awards have been created to recognise and celebrate the success of Māori in local business.
Te Manu Atatū Network chair Pahia Turia said it is a fitting time to acknowledge Māori achievement as locals welcome Puanga.
"It is time for us to acknowledge the achievements of our people and their endeavours," he said.
There are eight award categories in total, from best new Māori enterprise to most outstanding Māori business and awards targeting environmentally friendly and community minded ventures.
Finalists include popular eateries Caroline's Boat Shed and Parnells cafe, The Edge Beauty Studio, Silks Audit Chartered Accountants and Whanganui River Adventures in Pipiriki.
Winners will be announced at a black tie awards ceremony in Whanganui on Saturday 1 July.
- Time: 5.30pm - 12am
- Venue: War Memorial Hall
- To purchase tickets contact Kiri Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org
Guest speakers include Mavis Mullins who will soon be inducted into the New Zealand Business Hall of Fame and Jason Witehira who won the 2016 Outstanding Maori Business Leaders Award from the University of Auckland Business School.
Mr Turia said he is extremely proud of local Māori business leaders and the awards evening will be an event not to be missed.
Please see a full list of the finalists and the awards categories below:
1. Appliance Repair Care, Whanganui
2. Blackout Media, Whanganui
3. Caroline’s Boatshed, Whanganui
4. Jax Hair Studio & Men’s Cut & Colour Room, Whanganui
5. Local and Loyal, Whanganui
6. Renoman, Whanganui
7. Rivercity Trees, Whanganui
8. Parnells Café, Whanganui
9. Pakohe Papers, Whanganui
10. Silks Audit Chartered Accountants, Whanganui
11. The Edge Beauty Studio and Top Drawer Lingerie, Whanganui
12. New World Ohakune, Ohakune
13. Ruapehu Recruitment, Ohakune
14. Whanganui River Adventures, Pipiriki
15. Whanganui Resource Recovery Centre, Whanganui
Te Manu Atatū Award categories are;
➢ Māori Rising Star - Best Emerging and New Māori Enterprise
➢ Most Outstanding Established Māori Business
➢ Best Māori Business – Tourism and Hospitality
➢ Best Māori Business – Service and Trade
➢ Best Māori Business – Technology and Innovation
➢ Most Community Minded Māori Business
➢ Environmental Excellence Award
➢ Te Manu Atatū Supreme Award
Leigh Marama McLachlan
Senior Advisor, Communications
04 819 6284