Te Puni Kōkiri, the Ministry of Māori Development, designs and delivers public policy that has a significant impact for Māori with positive outcomes in the economic, social, cultural and environmental sectors.
Our commitment to enable whānau, hāpu, and iwi to succeed underpins everything that we do. Our people are at the heart of achieving this commitment and for that reason we are keen to recruit more talent into our Economic Wealth Team of the Policy Partnerships Te Puni, to add to our existing team of capable people. These policy opportunities are located in our Wellington National Office.
Policy Partnerships Te Puni
We are looking for competent policy professionals at the Senior Analyst level.
As a Senior Policy Analyst professional you will have proven yourself as a solid and consistent performer in the policy arena. You will have strong analytical skills and an understanding of either economic development policy or public policy. You will lead and influence and be able to forge strong working relationships with key stakeholders. You will be a natural and effective communicator and you will work collaboratively with your intellectual peers within Te Puni Kōkiri and across government departments to produce innovative policy.
You will have at least five years’ experience working on complex policy matters and leading the design and development of policy advice to Ministers. You will be curious, keen and enthusiastic about making a positive difference for Māori.
You need to be:
- Set apart from the others because of your understanding of Te Ao Māori and Te Reo Maori, and a genuine aspiration to make a positive change for Māori
- Experienced at working collaboratively with others to develop solutions and influence
- A critical thinker who is naturally inquisitive with analytical agility
- Able to communicate complex issues, both orally and in writing, clearly and succinctly
- Eager to contribute to social, cultural, economic and environmental outcomes that positively impact Maori
We Can Offer
- An environment where you’ll prosper as part of a whānau that is committed to the kaupapa of ‘Thriving Whānau’
- An environment that is guided by its values of excellence, valuing people and relationships, working collectively and being creative and innovative
- A promise that we invest in our people – you’ll be encouraged to develop and contribute to your fullest potential
- A commitment towards your wellbeing, financial security and learning & development – we even provide in-house Te Reo Māori training and have our own Kapa Haka team
To apply, please email your covering letter, a completed application form and your CV to email@example.com.