Vacancy RP 088
Te Tai Hauauru Regional Office.
You will report to the Regional Manager, Te Tai Hauāuru and be able to:
- work with agencies, organisations and providers to assist them to improve their outcomes for Māori
- acts as an effective conduit for information both into and out of Māori communities to support Māori initiatives
- manages and analyses information at a local level on Māori views, aspirations and experiences, to contribute to Te Puni Kōkiri policy thinking
- assists whānau, hapū, iwi, Māori organisation’s and communities to develop and implement initiatives that will enable them to achieve long-term economic and social development
- manage local level contractual arrangements and be a leader in the relationships held with stakeholders
- provide mentoring and coaching to Advisors in the region
- inform investment decisions in partnership with the Investment Team and policy colleagues.
As the successful candidate you will bring either public or private sector experience, and will ideally possess:
- Experience in community development working with whānau, hapū, iwi, Māori organisation’s and Māori communities
- Ability to identify, build and actively manage significant relationships, valuing diverse perspectives and experiences
- Comfort in working in a tikanga/kaupapa Māori environment, a degree of fluency in Te reo Māori is of benefit Comfort in working in a tikanga/kaupapa Māori environment, a degree of fluency in Te reo Māori is of benefit
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven effective use of project management disciplines to support work
- Understanding of the government and the public service and public sector Understanding of the relevance of the Treaty of Waitangi to the work being undertaken
- A clean full motor vehicle driver’s license.
In return we offer a diverse and rewarding working environment with a strong focus on solutions that will assist in serving our communities.
To apply, please email your CV, covering letter and a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.