6 month Fixed Term or Contract
National Office, Wellington
Te Puni Kōkiri (Ministry of Māori Development) is a government agency who works within government and communities to achieve our vision of Thriving Whānau.
The wellbeing of whānau, hapū and iwi is central to the future wellbeing of Aotearoa (New Zealand). The very broad role of Te Puni Kōkiri, our access to information and ability to make connections, make us ideally placed to spark innovation.
We work to bring innovation in carrying out our key roles of leading work towards policy and legislative changes as well as innovative approaches that will deliver improved outcomes for Māori.
We influence the work of others by working in partnership, and bring Māori voices to decision makers and we invest with Māori to pursue opportunities, including through funding and partnerships. To achieve this we engage with whānau, hapū and iwi, and partner with other public sector agencies.
Te Puni Kōkiri are implementing a new ICMS (Investment Contract Management System), a funding and procurement solution later in 2019.
If you are an experienced Change Manager looking for your next challenge, we would like to hear from you.
We have many to take on our waka, there will be some rough waters. The ICMS will make it easier for Kaitono to apply for funding, thereby helping to improve the lives of our people.
Ensuring a smooth transition from the old to the new. The ICMS will be a completely different way of working – we want our staff to be aware, trained and part of this change. As māngai for our project, you will need the following:-
- Be well-versed in Change Management with at least 5 years’ experience, with some Government experience
- Self-sufficient, innovative and find your way sometimes when it’s not laid out for you
- Adept at dealing with people at all levels, with different understanding of the ICMS and its benefits
- Understanding and appreciation of tikanga; Te Reo Māori and Māori development kaupapa
- Willing to share your knowledge and experience with us
- Clear and concise communications-style using different channels
- Build your Change Management Strategy and deliver it, including communications and staff education plans
- Up-to-date knowledge in current Change Management best practices and processes
- Proven experience managing business change involving an IT solution
- Proven experience in developing training courses and delivering of workshops
- Preferably ProSci certification or equivalent
- Prepared to travel around Aotearoa, as required
See below to download a copy of the job description and application form for the role.
To apply. please email your CV, Covering letter and a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 14 April 2019.