Māori Media Sector – Shift Options | Te Ao Pāpāho Māori – He Ara Hou June 2020 engagement
The Māori media sector has a history of over 30 years of achievement. The Māori Media Sector Shift options work explores how the sector can continue its success long into the future given a fast-changing digital landscape and changing audience demands.
Summary of feedback on the shift options
Common themes that emerge from feedback on the shift options, provide an important basis on which to consider innovation and how media platforms can best be used to ensure strong gains for te reo Māori and a sustainable future for te ao pāpāho Māori.
Find out about the overall engagement data including how people gave feedback, who participated and what the key themes were.
Background – 2019 the Māori Media Sector Shift
Beyond the now – Te Ao Pāpāho ki Tua
The Māori Media Sector Shift will explore how we can support the way radio, television and online te reo and Māori content programmes will be delivered in the future. The policy review is an opportunity to take a big picture view of the Māori Media Sector and its potential to support the revitalisation of te reo Māori and greater awareness and understanding of Māori stories. It will focus on the Māori Media Sector as a whole and will not assess the performance of individual entities or organisations.
Timeline 2019 (indicative only)
|January – February 2019||
Frequently Asked Questions
- Cabinet Paper – Te Ao Pāpāho – Māori Media Sector Shift: Current state of the sector [PDF, 10MB]
- Attachment two: Overview Paper on the current state of the sector [PDF, 4MB]
- Attachment three: Summary of stakeholder engagement [PDF, 1MB]
- Focus on the future for Māori Media
- Advisory Panel Announced, May 2019 [PDF, 130KB]
- Overview Release, May 2019 [PDF, 202KB]
- Future focused review of Māori Media Sector
- Media Release – Calling for Submissions [PDF, 68KB]