The core purpose of Te Puni Kōkiri, the Ministry of Māori Development, is to support Government to strengthen Treaty of Waitangi partnerships that enable iwi, hapū and whānau Māori to succeed as Māori.
Te Puni Kōkiri is seeking to appoint a Systems and Financial Accountant in the Finance Team of Organisational Support Te Puni.
The Organisational Support Te Puni supports Te Puni Kōkiri by providing the processes, systems and advice that enables the organisation to operate effectively.
The Finance team is dynamic and outcome focused, providing excellence in financial advice and support to the Executive Leadership Team and to the five Te Puni that make up Te Puni Kōkiri. The work and experience of the team is diverse and is an excellent environment in which to develop your professional capability.
The Systems and Financial Accountant has responsibilities across two crucial functions - financial systems and financial accounting.
This role is responsible for the maintenance and the ongoing enhancement of the Financial Management Information System (FMIS), to ensure that the FMIS is developed to meet the changing needs of the business.
In addition, the Systems and Financial accountant is responsible for the preparation of external monthly and annual financial reporting, and the provision of high quality financial information required for other external reporting requirements.
We now have a vacancy for a Systems and Financial Accountant and are seeking to recruit to this position.
So if you have:
- A demonstrated understanding of FMIS database structures and the functionality of the FMIS and any associated reporting systems.
- A demonstrated understanding of the New Zealand Accounting Standards Framework and financial reporting standards as promulgated by the New Zealand Accounting Standards Board.
- Knowledge of public sector financial practices and the Public Finance Act.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collegially and cooperatively with others.
- A tertiary qualification in Accountancy.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in quality assurance standards.
- Demonstrated competence in relation to Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Previous experience in financial systems administration and management would be an advantage.
And are motivated to play an important role in Māori succeeding as Māori, then this maybe the ideal position for you!
Please provide your CV and one page cover letter and a completed application form to be considered for this role. Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 5 pm, Friday 28 July 2017.