The core purpose of Te Puni Kōkiri, the Ministry of Māori Development, is to support Government to strengthen Treaty of Waitangi partnerships that enable iwi, hapū and whānau Māori to succeed as Māori.
Te Puni Kōkiri is seeking to appoint a Senior Management Accountant in the Finance Team of Organisational Support Te Puni.
The Organisational Support Te Puni supports Te Puni Kōkiri by providing the processes, systems and advice that enables the organisation to operate effectively.
The Finance team is dynamic and outcome focused, providing excellence in financial advice and support to the Executive Leadership Team and to the five Te Puni that make up Te Puni Kōkiri. The work and experience of the team is diverse and is an excellent environment in which to develop your professional capability.
The Senior Management Accountant leads Te Puni Kōkiri’s internal budgeting, forecasting, and monthly internal reporting processes, under the guidance of the Manager Finance. The Senior Management Accountant is also responsible for providing accurate costing and other financial information and advice, as required, to the Manager Finance and the Chief Financial Officer. The Senior Management Accountant works as a business partner for the budget managers and senior leaders in their assigned Puni.
We now have a vacancy for a Senior Management Accountant and are now seeking to recruit to this position.
So if you:
- A high level of business acumen and ability to relate well with senior managers to facilitate a Business Partnering relationship.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collegially and cooperatively with others.
- Demonstrate a high level of strategic and systems thinking ability.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and experience in preparing financial information and all associated processes, including up-to-date knowledge of relevant financial reporting standards (NZ IPSAS, NZ IFRS and GAAP).
- Knowledge and experience in financial management information systems.
- Demonstrated competence in Microsoft excel and word.
- A tertiary qualification in accountancy.
And are motivated to play an important role in Māori succeeding as Māori, then this may be the ideal position for you!
Please provide your CV and one page cover letter and a completed application form to be considered for this role. Email applications to email@example.com.
Applications close 5 pm Friday 28 July 2017