The core purpose of Te Puni Kōkiri, the Ministry of Māori Development, is to support Government to strengthen Treaty of Waitangi partnerships and facilitate iwi, hapū and whānau Māori to succeed at home and globally.
Vacancy RP 002 – NEP
Te Puni Kōkiri is seeking to appoint to a Senior Advisor (fixed term – 2 Years) in the Te Tai Hauauru Region.
The Regional Partnerships Te Puni is responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining robust relationships with iwi, hapū and whānau Māori at a national and regional level
- Developing and maintaining other partnerships in the regions including with local government agencies
- Using those relationships to gather and disseminate information between government and iwi, hapū and whānau Māori
- Contributing to the development of Te Puni Kōkiri’s investment strategy and ensuring its implementation
Purpose & role
The Senior Advisor will support the Regional Manager in developing and implementing regional economic development for the Te Tai Hauauru Regional Office
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Ability to lead work with agencies, organisations and providers to improve their outcomes for Māori
- Proven effective use of project management disciplines to support work
- Ability to act as an effective conduit for information
- Understanding of government and public services processes
- Demonstrated previous success in working collaboratively with Māori organisations and Māori communities
- Can do attitude, resilience and willingness to contribute to the wider regional office activities
- Excellent communication skills including a conversational level of te reo Maori
- A clean full motor vehicle drivers licence.
If this role sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
To apply, email your CV, Covering letter and a completed application form to email@example.com