The core purpose of Te Puni Kōkiri, the Ministry of Māori Development, is to support Government to strengthen Treaty of Waitangi partnerships and facilitate iwi, hapū and whānau Māori to succeed at home and globally.
Te Puni Kōkiri is seeking to appoint to 2 Regional Senior Advisor positions in the Te Taitokerau Regional Office in Whangarei.
The Regional Partnerships Te Puni is responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining robust relationships with iwi, hapū and whānau Māori at a national and regional level
- Developing and maintaining other partnerships in the regions including with local government agencies
- Using those relationships to gather and disseminate information between government and iwi, hapū and whānau Māori
- Contributing to the development of Te Puni Kōkiri’s investment strategy and ensuring its implementation
Purpose and role
The Regional Senior Advisor role:
- Leads work with agencies, organisations and providers to assist them to improve their outcomes for Māori
- Acts as an effective conduit for information both into and out of Māori communities to support Māori initiatives
- Manages and analyses information at a local level on Māori views, aspirations and experiences, to contribute to Te Puni Kōkiri policy thinking
- Assists whānau, hapū, iwi, Māori organisation’s and communities to develop and implement initiatives that will enable them to achieve long-term economic and social development
- Manages local level contractual arrangements and is a leader in the relationships held with stakeholders
- Provides mentoring and coaching to Advisors in their region.
- Informs investment decisions in partnership with the Investment Team and policy colleagues.
Key to success will be the applicant’s ability to develop close relationships and work effectively in partnership with other stakeholders that have a role in influencing Māori outcomes in the rohe. This will include whānau, hapū, iwi, other government agencies, local government authorities and Māori housing rōpu. A clean full motor vehicle driver’s licence is required for the role.
If these roles sound like you, we want to hear from you.
To apply, email your CV, Covering letter and a completed application form to email@example.com