The core purpose of Te Puni Kōkiri, the Ministry of Māori Development, is to support Government to strengthen Treaty of Waitangi partnerships and facilitate iwi, hapū and whānau Māori to succeed at home and globally.
The Regional Partnerships Te Puni is responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining robust relationships with iwi, hapū and whānau Māori at a national and regional level
- Developing and maintaining other partnerships in the regions including with local government agencies
- Using those relationships to gather and disseminate information between government and iwi, hapū and whānau Māori
- Contributing to the development of the Te Puni Kōkiri investment strategy and ensuring its implementation
Vacancy RP 018
Te Puni Kōkiri is seeking to appoint an Advisor, Business Growth in Te Tai Tokerau Regional Office in Whangarei.
The Advisor, Business Growth reports to the Regional Manager and will provide support in as a key front-line role for delivering generalist support services at the business start-up point in the continuum in line with the national strategy and operational policy.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Experience in working with local iwi, hapū and whānau Maori.
- Experience in facilitating the establishment and consideration of business growth (business or otherwise) opportunities.
- Extensive experience in central government processes in providing policy advice to local agencies, organisations and Māori communities.
- Extensive experience in facilitating Hui.
- A clean full motor vehicle driver’s licence
To apply, please put: role name and RP number in the Message Heading and email your CV, Covering letter and a completed application form to email@example.com.